Awards and Recognitions
Providence and Saint John are a part of the Prime Healthcare Services family (www.primehealthcare.com). Prime Healthcare is one of the largest hospital companies in the nation and was recognized as one the "15 Top Health Systems" in the nation by Truven Health Analytics based on quality of care, efficiency and patient satisfaction. According to Truven Health, compared to its peers, Prime Healthcare saved more lives, caused fewer patient complications, followed industry-recommended standards of care more closely, made fewer patient safety errors, released patients half a day sooner and scored better on overall patient satisfaction.
Providence Medical Center has been recognized by Healthgrades® as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals™ for General Surgery. Healthgrades, the leading online resource helping consumers make informed decisions to find the right doctor and the right hospital for the right care, evaluated nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for 34 of the most common inpatient procedures and conditions.* Healthgrades identified the 100 best-performing hospitals across all conditions or procedures evaluated within general surgery.
Providence also received 5 stars for the quality of its heart attack care, spinal fusion surgery, Gallbladder Removal Surgery; Hip Fracture Treatment, Treatment of Sepsis, and Treatment for Pneumonia from Healthgrades.
The report demonstrates how clinical performance differs dramatically between hospitals. Providence Medical Center is the only facility in Kansas City to be Five Star Rated for Spine Fusion for 11 years in a row.
In addition, Providence Medical Center was recognized by Healthgrades with Excellence Awards (top 10% in the nation) for Pulmonary Care and Gastrointestinal Care.
Providence Medical Center has received the American College of Cardiology’s NCDR ACTION Registry–GWTG Platinum Performance Achievement Award for 2015. Providence is one of only 319 hospitals nationwide to receive the honor. The award recognizes Providence’s commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of care for heart attack patients and signifies that Providence has reached an aggressive goal of treating these patients to standard levels of care as outlined by the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association clinical guidelines and recommendations.
Other awards Providence has received in past years include:
- Hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission (TJC)
- Laboratory is fully accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Imaging services accredited by the American College of Radiology
- Healthgrades – Five star recipient for total knee replacement 2016
- Healthgrades – Five star recipient for spinal fusion surgery 2016
- Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories Accreditation from the Intersocietal Commission 2014
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Accreditation 2015
- Chest Pain Accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers 2015
- American Heart Association Mission Lifeline Recognition 2015
- Excellence in Eye Donation 2014
- Midwest Transplant Center 2014 - Recognition for Excellence in Organ and Tissue Donation
- Kansas Water Environment Association Gold Award 2014