You could make a huge difference in the lives of others as a volunteer for Providence Medical Center.
Whether your assignment is to provide supplemental services in patient care areas, or to serve patients indirectly by assisting visitors, or helping staff with clerical work, you can make an important contribution to the hospital and the community. Learn more about the benefits of volunteering here.
Just ask one of our 200 volunteers who range in age from 14 to 90. Commitments are flexible, and there are assignments to suit most schedules. We provide the training for all volunteer positions.
For more information or to volunteer, use the online forms or call Volunteer Services at 913-596-4195.
In addition to submitting an Adult application (it may take 24 hours before application is received), the following requirements must be completed before becoming a volunteer:
- A personal interview must be conducted. (Note: completing the following process does not guarantee a placement for volunteering)
- A background investigation
- TB Screening and during Flu Season, a Flu Vaccination
- Attend a one-Day Orientation held on a specific Tuesday a month from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Youth Volunteer Guidelines
Please provide the following information when applying for a Youth (application) volunteer opportunity:
Submit a copy of the Youth’s most recent grades.
Submit a letter of referral as part of the application and acceptance process for volunteer services at Providence Medical Center/Saint John Hospital. Your letter must:
- be submitted by a teacher, councilor or professor of your choice
- be on school letterhead
- include the student's full name
- include the number of years they have known the student, as well as in what capacity
- explain why they would recommend this student for the volunteer opportunity
- date, signature and position/title of the person writing the reference should be included