How the Confident Living Program Can Help
If you have a problem related to urinary or bowel incontinence, our continence care specialist can help you with:
- A comprehensive assessment to diagnose what's causing your incontinence.
- A treatment plan. This will include diet and behavior modification and pelvic muscle exercises. We will personalize it to help you control urinary urgency and pelvic-floor weakness. We will address pelvic pain related to pelvic floor muscles.
- Biofeedback technology. This hand-held device will help you train your pelvic-floor muscles to gain control of your bladder or bowel.
- Bladder retraining/scheduled voiding.
- If diet and behavior modification don't work, Providence offers several types of surgeries to restore correct bladder position.
- Ongoing support during and after your treatment program. This will include education regarding bladder and bowel functioning and pelvic-floor anatomy. You'll also get dietary counseling related to incontinence or pain and learn how to use a bladder log or diary to modify your voiding habits.
- Techniques to prevent further weakness of pelvic muscles.
Contact the Confident Living Program at 913-680-6180 to schedule an appointment. Medicare usually covers the program.