Steps in the Volunteer Process
The following processes are required to become a volunteer at Providence
Medical Center and/or Saint John Hospital. Please review this information
and complete the necessary steps.
- Complete the online application. Once your application is received, you
will receive a phone call to arrange for an interview.
- During the interview, you will be introduced to the Volunteer program.
Becoming a member of the organization and are willing to give a six-month
commitment, you will be required to:
- Complete and sign a release form allowing PMC and/or SJH to perform a background check.
- Complete a drug/alcohol screen which is provided by the Hospital's
Occupational Health Department (only for Shuttle Drivers).
- Complete a TB test which is also provided by the Hospital's Occupational
- Complete Flu Vaccination during flu season.
- Provide an immunization record at the time of the TB test (optional). Hepatitis
B immunization is required for the ER Angel position.
- Once the background check and the TB test are complete, the final step
is to attend the Human Resource's orientation program. Orientations
are held on specific dates that correspond with our new hires. These dates
will be reviewed with you during the interview, however they are generally
held on the third Tuesday of the month, with the volunteer portion from
9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. The orientation reviews details regarding the hospital
and the Volunteer department, along with a short tour of the hospital.
- Upon completion of these steps, you will be placed within your designated
department to begin your volunteer assignment.
Thank you for your interest in Providence Medical Center and/or Saint John
Hospital's Volunteer Services Department. We look forward to receiving
your application soon. If you have any questions, please feel free to
call 913-596-4195 or email