We encourage loved ones to visit patients and we make every effort to provide a safe and comfortable environment for our patients and visitors. While receiving care, patients have the right to decide who may or may not visit, and those visitors are allowed without regard to race, color, national origin, language, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or socioeconomic status.
Our staff and caregivers understand the important role that visitors and support persons play and every effort is made to ensure that our patients' support person is embraced as a valued member of the care team.
- To safeguard the comfort of all our patients, visitors are asked to talk quietly and leave promptly when visiting hours have ended.
- The visiting times and/or the number of visitors may be limited in certain circumstances – and vary unit by unit - to protect the health, safety, and privacy of our patients.
- If visitors are not feeling well or have an illness that can be transferred to our patients, please refrain from visiting.
- Visitors must follow infection control precautions, keep noise to a minimum, refrain from taking photographs or videos, and comply with restrictions on smoking, alcohol and illegal substances.
- Before entering and after leaving your loved one's room, make sure to wash your hands.
- All children must be in the company of a responsible adult and may not be left unattended.
Please observe these guidelines when planning to visit patients at Providence Medical Center:
Children under age 12 must be with an adult at all times while in the medical center. Children under 12 may visit in patient care areas (except Pediatrics and Labor and Delivery) accompanied by an adult, if the patient's condition allows. Please check with the nurse on the unit before bringing a child to visit a patient.
General Patient Area
8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Family Care Center (including maternity, nursery, and pediatrics)
8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Children visiting the 3rd floor must be over 1 year of age.
Family may be with the patient the day of surgery.
Two visitors at a time in LDR rooms; we encourage the presence of husband or support person during delivery.
Visiting hours are open except between 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. and 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. due to change of shift and for patient confidentiality during staff reports. Restricted visiting is allowed after 8:30 p.m.