In the Critical Care units at Providence Medical Center, specialized services
are provided in a caring environment for you and your loved ones. A 15
bed Intensive Care Unit (ICU) are staffed by a highly skilled and trained
nursing staff that cares for critically ill patients requiring expert
State-of-the-art equipment helps staff monitor vital signs including heart,
respiratory functions and blood oxygen levels. ICU/CCU staff collaborates
closely with other departments and work diligently with our highly qualified
medical staff for your optimum care.
The ICU/CCU nurses have highly specialized training and work to ensure
a thorough recovery for a swift return to your family.
Special Visiting Considerations:
• The visiting hours for ICU are open except between 6:30 - 7:30
a.m. and 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. due to change of shift and for patient confidentiality
during staff reports.
• Please consider the patient's condition and wishes while visiting.
If curtains are pulled in the patient's room, please refrain from
visiting and check at desk. During emergencies in the unit, you may be
asked to leave the unit.
• Arrangements can be made for children to visit. Please check with
nurse prior to the visit. (See below).
• For your convenience and to eliminate confusion, please choose
one spokesperson to contact the nurse for updates. A code is provided
to family members to allow for the exchange of patient information. The
nurses caring for the patient will ask for the code before relaying any
• We request that you direct phone calls to family members to the
• The unit staff will try to accommodate each patient's and family's
needs. Remember, though, that patient care comes first, and may at times
prevent you from seeing your loved one as often as you wish. Please trust
the nurse's judgment if he or she limits visiting of your loved one.
Children's Visits to ICU (Please check with Nurse for policy during
• Children are welcome to visit the ICU at the nurse's discretion
and are limited to children of the patient only.
• Small children must be held at all times and cannot be allowed
to crawl on the floor or run in the unit.
• Visits need to be coordinated with the patient's nurse to provide
quality-visiting time. Visits will be limited to 15 minutes and no later
than 9 p.m.
• Children visiting must be free of illness with no exposure to communicable disease.
• Children must be screened by the charge nurse prior to visiting.
• Children should not be left unattended at any time. Please accompany
children directly from the waiting room to the patient’s room and
remain with the child during the visit.
Important Phone Numbers:
Nurse's station: 913-596-4700
Waiting room: 913-596-4142