With a long history of providing cardiac care to Wyandotte and Leavenworth
counties, and a commitment to enhance the level of cardiac care provided,
Providence opened the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) and Cardiac
Vascular Care Unit (CVC) after a recent renovation and has been pleased
with the patient outcomes. CVICU is for patients who have undergone cardiac surgery.
Other cardiac services include the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory,
Cardiac Center: Diagnostic Caths, Cardiac Interventions, Peripheral-diagnostic
and interventional and Cardiac Rhythm Implants, Non-Invasive Cardiology
Area: EKG, Echo, Holter Monitors and 30-Day Event Monitor, Cardiac and
Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Congestive Heart Failure Inpatient and Outpatient
Education, Outpatient Smoking Cessation Classes, Pacemaker Clinic and
an Anticoagulation Center.
Providence has received numerous recognitions for its heart program recently
- Named to the prestigious U.S. News & World Report List of Best Hospitals:
Heart and Heart Surgery in the state of Kansas. The hospital ranked second
among all hospitals in the state with a score of 15.7, and first among
- Accredited by the Accreditation Review Committee of the Society of Chest
Pain Centers for Cycle II accreditation with primary coronary intervention.
- Received the Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care® from Blue Cross
and Blue Shield.
- Received UnitedHealth Premium® Specialty Center three-star designations
for quality and cost efficiency in the areas of interventional cardiology,
cardiac surgery and electrophysiology.
- Accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography
- Accredited by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary
Rehabilitation (AACVPR) for the hospital's Cardiac and Pulmonary programs.